The Palazzo degli Anziani or Palazzo di Giano houses the municipality of Pistoia and the Civic Museum and overlooks the central Piazza del Duomo. Built in 1294, it looks like a rectangular building on two floors separated by a mezzanine. Externally the façade has mullioned windows and three-mullioned windows and numerous arches on the ground floor.
Entering the building we find a curtain which leads to the first floor via a large fourteenth-century staircase on which we find the Micco, that is the bear with the checkered cloak, symbol of the city.
The visit to the courtyard is free and very impressive due to the construction and the natural light that illuminates the environment. Small exhibitions by local artists often take place in the courtyard rooms.
The municipal offices are located on the upper floor, while the Pistoia Civic Museum is located on the second floor.